Yoga Studio in the Metro: Urban Ashram Manila

Since the weather on the second quarter of the year is very unpredictable, I cannot continue my running at the tracks. In as much as I would like to enroll in the gym, membership fees are beyond my reach. My only option in maintaining weight is indoor fitness.

Good thing, I stumbled upon dealgrocer's coupon on a yoga studio, which I was eyeing since my birth month. I got the 25-day unlimited pass for Php 2,500 for Urban Ashram Manila.

UAM in Highstreet

I am on my 7th day of yoga class (as of this writing), much more of after work workout. I have been to their two studios - Brixton, Pasig and ActivFun, Highstreet.

The Studio

Honestly, it is small yet homey studio. Brixton studios has 4 rooms, Highstreet studio has 2 rooms - which can turn into a big room if the class calls for it.


Brixton Studio room


Each studio branch has shower room, locker room and toilets, separately for men and women. Drinking station is also available, the studio calls for their students to bring their personal containers. Should you forgot yours, you can buy paper cups for 5 pesos.

Locker room at Brixton

Toilet at Brixton

Shower room at Brixton

Yogini : Women's locker room


I attend usually the night classes, and bringing a yogamat is such a hassle. UAM has yogamats, which are sanitized every class. But for hygienic purposes, they highly recommend their students to bring their personal mats.

The Classes

There are different classes offered by Urban Ashram Manila. I attend the Flexibility Not Required (FNR) class, which are classes for the beginners or less experienced yoga students. As the class title is, the teachers do not expect you to do the "exorcist" poses, but gives you different options for each pose, if you can't do it. The FNR class lasts for 75 minutes.

The class usually have 10-15 students, males and females. I had male and female teachers. The first part of class is to clear your mind of the stress and bring your awareness to your body. After this, you will learn different poses, and by the end of the class, you will have to relax your body again.

I observed that when we had classes with male teachers, during the ending relaxation, they would open the doors - making us, female students, comfortable and feel safe as the light is turned off.

My Verdict

I love attending classes in UAM. As a yoga first timer, you don't feel intimated with the teachers and more experienced co-students. Teachers check your pose, and when they see you with the incorrect pose, they would go to your station and help you correct it by guiding your body and repeat the instructions.

The teachers are very friendly, they find time to be available after each session, and talk with you.

After my 25-day class, I will definitely continue my yoga classes with UAM.



Website: www.urbanashrammanila.com

Branches:
Brixton: Unit 302, 3 Brixton Building, Kapitolyo, Pasig City



High Street: 3rd floor, ActivFun Bldg, 9th corner 28th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City



No comments:

Post a Comment