New Travel Buddy (yet again): High Sierra Access Bag (45Liters)

I think I will never stop finding a new travel buddy. Last year, I ended up bringing a TNF bag for our Indochina trip, but I was not happy on how it fits my body. Similarly, despite its size, the back panel is such a space limiting, I cannot maximize its space.

Now, I am on the trial of this new travel buddy. And hopefully, this will be the last. Introducing Cess.

I was able to buy this bag at 40% discount. High Sierra is known for the travel and school bags that are quality made. My new buddy is the biggest of their bag line, a 45-L backpack.





Backpack Specifications

One thing I loved with this bag is that it has that many pockets. Many pockets mean many compartments, thus, bigger space.

Front Shot

The easy access pocket is on the top, where you can put your MP3. Two smaller pockets are in the front panel, one which can hold your mobile phone, or things that should be access readily. The bigger pocket contains a organizer - for your pens, probably your passport, and other documents. It has two zippers, which means you can lock it.

Easy access pocket on top. Two views of the inside pockets of 2nd compartment

The main compartments are divided into two. The first is a smaller one, which this time, contains my undergarments and my sleeping clothes. The bigger one, has two zippers. The main with two, which you can lock and the tech spot zipper - which you can use when you need to grab your laptop without opening the main zippers.

Left: Small Compartment 1; Right: Big Compartment 2 (with laptop and document packets)

The bigger compartment can hold your laptop, documents that should not be folded and your clothes.

(Left) Opened zips for big compartment. (Right) The tech spot zip. 


One more thing that I liked about this bag is that it has its waist band, a back support and a chest band. This means you can keep your bag secured on your body as you travel with it. There is also a detachable cellphone pouch at the shoulder pad.

(Left) Cellphone pouch. (Right) Packet for waistband.

Similarly, it has hidden pocket that can store your waist band if you are not using it.

Aside from the front panel zippers, it has its side panel slot which can also store several more items. Side panels are garterized, which you can put your water bottles while on the road.

Side compartments. 

Probably the best thing in this bag is the inclusion of this rain cover, which can be accessed at the bottom of the bag. It is sewn on the packet, so you won't lose it. Unfortunately, it comes only in one color - yellow- but at least you can see if from afar.

(Left) Accessing the rain cover from the bottom of the bag. (Right) Bag in its rain cover. 
I will be road testing Cess in my upcoming 10-day trip in Singapore and Malaysia. Will be posting updates when I am about to finish packing so we can see the full extent of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment