Staying safe and secure: Pacsafe Locks

I want to think that I am a traveller, thus, I want to make sure I won't experience the dreadful things that happened to my own kababayans when they go out abroad. Being safe and secure, not only during your flight and while on the road is a must. You will never know who handles your luggage while being transported on their respective baggage doors.

The same as my bag, I was in the look for a good lock for my baggage. I used an ordinary (yet colorful) lock when we did our Indochina trip last year, but I kept on misplacing (or sort of losing) the keys. So this time, I was thinking, should I get the key card or the key-based again?

I religiously pass by any of the bag and luggage stores when I see them. Travel club and ROX both have a huge collection of TSA approved locks, but I can't seem to find the one that calls me when I first laid my eyes on them. My second resort, SM.

Just late last week, I was able to find the lock I was looking for. My main consideration is that something that I won't lose. Second is that it should be TSA approved (for added security and peace of mind). Luckily, I passed by the luggage section of SM and skimmed through the Pacsafe section and found these babies!

My new lock(s)!

One, this solves my problem of losing and misplacing the keys. It comes with keycards, 2 of them, one that you can place in your wallet and another on your travel notebook (if it has inner pockets, like mine) or your passport holder. Each lock has a keycard identification card, which tells you what is the card's ID is. In cases that you misplace them or break them, as long as you know the one letter identification, Pacsafe can give you the replacement for the keycards.


The holes are the "keys" for the lock. Insert it on the slot and push and voila! It will open. 


I bought mine in the set of two, since I am more of a backpack lady and is very happy with all sorts of zippers and closures.

Two keys, one card. (I stored already the other in case). Two set of holes on either side of the keycard. You can use either side when opening your locks. 

Pacsafe keys are TSA approved. And according to the one that assisted me (thanks for the lessons buddy!), should there be random inspections in the airport and your bag was selected, you do not need to go to the baggage department and open it for them. Pacsafe has the TSA master key, which the customs and inspectors have. It saves you the hassle of running in the long airport hallways and coming back.

Will road test my new lock as we go to a 10-day trip in Malaysia and Singapore by the end of this coming week! :)

Now, I am back to writing down directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment