East Japan 2013 Day 1: Arrival and Night Walk in Yokohama

Day 1: November 1, 2014
Arrival in Narita Airport and Transfers to Yokohama

Its been 6 months since my Japan trip and I might be coming back (if money permits) by the 3rd quarter of this year. The pressure is on, as I am taking a break from all the wedding preps I am doing in the past 6 months.

As previously mentioned, this trip was far different from my trip in the past, since I have done this alone and I didn't plan any of the itineraries. My then-boyfriend (now fiance) planned everything, with me having very little participation.


DEPARTURE IN MANILA, ARRIVAL IN NARITA

I managed to grab sale seats in Jetstar bound for Japan for about Php 23,000.00 (round trip with 15kgs check in baggage). Our flight was delayed for about 40 minutes but we managed to arrive in Narita at our scheduled time. Since I am worried with Louie looking for me, I wasn't able to take good pictures from the airport.

After meeting up with my travel buddy for the next 11 days, we bought our Suica+NEX tickets right before you leave Narita Airport. This ticket served as our roundtrip tickets from and to Narita Airport via Narita Express Train, valid for 15 days and 2,000 worth of credits for Suica - just like the octopus card in Hong Kong and MRT cards in Singapore. (as of posting - Suica+NEX tickets are discontinued.)

Suica + NEX tickets (value: 5,500 Yen)


TRAVEL FROM NARITA TO YOKOHAMA

Louie lives in Yokohama, which will be our base for the next 11 days. From Narita airport, we took Narita Express trains bound for Tokyo and Yokohama which took us about an hour. Arriving in Yokohama station, we transferred trains bound for Koganecho (red trains) and a walkathon to Louie's house.

First glimpse of Tokyo Tower


We arrived a little after 3 in the afternoon, after all the transfers and travels. It was a tiring day.


NIGHT WALK IN ISEZAKI MALL

We decided to end our first day with a dinner in Isezaki near Louie's place. Here are pictures of our walking tour.
Isezaki walk way

Cool bikes at the walkway

Yokohama skyline from Sakuragicho


Huge crab! :)


Our next day adventure: Ueno Zoo, Asakusa, Akihabara and Tokyo Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment