East Japan Day 3: Kamakura and Sushi Night

Day 3, November 3, 2013
Kamakura

Kamakura is about an hour away from Tokyo and about an hour and a half from Yokohama. It was dubbed as the Kyoto of Eastern Japan, as it offers various temples and shrines.

Sadly, I was really feeling bad on our Kamakura trip and Louie started to worry that I might end up staying in bed for the rest of our trip. I still managed to get up (hello! Sanay ako sa init, at walang change of seasons sa Pinas!) and I didn't want to ruin our trip. Berocca (instant plugging!) saved my health.

DAIBUTSU: GREAT BUDDHA of KAMAKURA

After several running to get into the trains (its our day 3, nasanay na akong tumatakbo) and about 10 minute walk from Kamakura Station, we arrived at the famous Great Buddha, which is our first stop for the day. You need to pay for the entrance, and as you pass by one of the gates or torii, the large Buddha statue will appear right in  front of your eyes. Since this is a shrine, visitors are expected to conduct proper decorum as sign of respect to those who are praying.

Old trains of Kamakura giving that provincial feel. 


Visitors are expected to wash their hands from the well. 

Daibutsu and the inside of it. 

Oldies praying in front of the Great Buddha

Katanas. (Bawal iuwi) Inside one of the souvenir shops along Kamakura road. 

Ceecon daily! Reminds me to take my Vitamin C so I won't get sick.
One of the many finds in Kamakura souvenir shops
Sadly, we were not able to visit some other temples in Kamakura because we have to go back to Yokohama and attend the Sunday mass at Sueyoshi church - Louie's Sunday family.

SUSHI NIGHT

We decided to take a rest after the mass and by 6:00 in the evening, we were bound for our next stop for the day - Sushi dinner. Louie has a huge stomach, a big space to fill in. I am up for the challenge, so he treated me to one of the famous sushi houses in Tokyo - Sushiro. This sushi house is famous for its rotating belt that serves as your access to the different kinds of sushi, sashimi and makis. :)

Our order screen. High tech! :) 

The conveyor belt. Pick up your choice. Yellow plate: Sushi with wasabi (spicy) and
white plates are those without wasabi. 


Not a fan of wasabi, so I take the white plates. 

My choices. I got to take the yellow plates when I am in the mood for spicy. Dinadaan ko na lang sa tubig. :)
Our plates for the night. May dessert pa. :)

This is how they measure your plates. :) Bill depends on how many plates your table has. :)

By the end of the day, I felt better already but since Louie is still afraid that I might get worse, we decided to call our third day a night by 9pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment