Where I am now?

So its been a while since I last blogged, and its been a month since I changed my job. A lot have changed and I know it was for the betterment of me.

I only shared to special people where I worked now. Its very far from who I am, but yet, the job is very much the same. I have been working as a Marketing Researcher for a major beverage brand in Ortigas (yes, it is just a relatively smaller company than its main name) for the past month.

Changing workplaces is never easy. Like what I mentioned, you have to start from scratch. Though you basically know the ins and outs of your main work, you have to keep yourself updated on the industry statistics, that is understanding how the company works, its current economy and market, its projects, its initiatives and so much more. Aside from the burden of knowing these vital information, you have get by your new office mates. New people. New set of co-workers. New characteristics and personalities.

And little do you know, you are missing those people who have become a part of your life for the past 2 years. You missed their laughs, their early morning tsikahan, your open access to everything, your lunch time, your baon, your walk down the 20 flight of stairs when the elevator is full, your ID, your laptop, your desk and even those little errands that you do for them.

Like what everyone says, whether when you break up with somebody, lost somebody you loved the most or even the train that will take you smack right to your office hour, LIFE MUST GO ON. Good thing, the team I am with now welcomed me with open hearts and arms. With barely a month, we had lunch together, merienda and chit-chats. They would openly allow me to browse their computers, looking for things that will make me understand our products, our company. They shared what they know about each and every person in that floor.

In two weeks,  I made my first contact to the research agencies, asking them for bids. That is my first experience of being a client,  and being part of that "marketing group". In a month's time, I'll be handling a nationwide project, another project for the team across our floor, and slowly, my partner is letting me experience how to handle our brand managers, how kulit they become when they need the monthly reports. How I hear my name across the room, as I looked for the data that they need.

And last week, my first business planning and my first experience of reporting to the brand, in front of everyone. The whole marketing team welcomed us, the newbies, to their world. I am just happy that they are so accommodating and warm.

The GSMI Marketing Team (with me as the photographer)


I'm getting used to my new job. I have to wait for 5 more months to become a regular employee, but I am very happy that I have this experience.

I can proudly say that every thing I learned from my first job is getting paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment