Whats on my Backpack and Other Mother Packer Tips

Today is the start of the countdown for my biggest trip of the year. Since I am juggling work and part-time work with the last minute buying toiletries and crossing out items on my checklist, I started packing already. While my friends have larger bags for the trip and I personally settled on backpacking, I have to pack wisely and conveniently for me.

I have been on the road, visiting places, for work. So with the travels I had, I learned how to pack wisely. I could stay for three days and two nights without a check in baggage, or merely a backpack (and that includes a pair of slippers, rubber shoes, a towel and toiletries). As my boyfriend told me: "Wow! I am in-love with a mother packer".

I have been reading loads and loads of tips how to pack lightly, it would be a big hurdle for me, since we are not on actual backpacking for a long time (where you can limit your clothes since you can wash them). So I kept a list of things I will be packing for the trip and I decided to bring the following:


- 3 2 pairs of pants. Yes, they say that jeans are not backpackers' bestfriends, but I don't have a choice. We will be temple running, big time, and tight clothes are no-no. So I settled on my trusty old jeans.



- 1 2 pairs of leggings. Sadly, this is the only pair I have. I don't want to buy another since I have to maximize what I have now. I borrowed my mom's leggings because I felt that it would be the best replacement for the "evicted" jeans. Good thing it fits!

- 1 dress and a long skirt. Though I have packed jeans, I wanted to have more choices on my outfit, so I decided to bring along my dress and my long skirt (especially for Bangkok temples) and maybe, we will need a dress along the way.

- 4 pairs of walking shorts. Saving one for Angkor Wat photoshoot.




- 9 shirts. One for each day.

- 4 pairs of sleeping shorts and tshirts. I can repeat these clothes cause I am merely sleeping with them and nobody, aside from my travelmates, will see them. Well, the hotel staff and receptionist will count.




- 1 scarf and cardigan. Simply to cover up my arms on temples and for cold nights and trips.

- sneaker, ballet flats and slippers. My trusted three items for the long walks and runs.

- small towel, just in case towels are not available in the hotels.


HOW TO PACK THEM IN A 50L BAG

Step 1. Roll all things.

Step 2. Pack them on top of one another.

End.





You have options to buy a luggage space saver bag or a travel bag organizer, just to make everything neater. Well, since I don't have these bags, I simply roll things and pack them.

To keep your dirty clothes from clean ones, you can bring ziplock bags, roll them over to keep the air out and you're good to go.

As of the moment, all I need to pack are the toiletries and I am good to go.


For more tips, you can visit SoleSisters. They give out the best tips in the world! :)


Still packing and crossing out items on her list,

Deng




No comments:

Post a Comment