Birthday Post: Officially 26




I am officially 26 years old. And this is according to my birth certificate, which says that I was born 10:40pm in june 11, 1986. 


26 years after, here I am. I have to believe, a lot stronger, braver, more open to things outside of my comfort zone, wiser and happier. For the past 6 years, after conquering crucial college years, trying to live on my own, starting a new relationship and finding a new job, I have to believe, turning 26 was never been this great.  I have my family who never turned their back on me. I never heard my dad shouting, while my mom is always the life of our home (in short, maingay any time of the day). Thank you for turning any celebration into a cook-off between us. My siblings,who I turned into dependents of myself and my mom, is always there when I need someone who can run errands for me. Bumawi na lang kayo kapag may trabaho na kayo. O kaya, pumayag naman kayo sa food trips ko. Hindi ko naman kayo lalasunin. To my crazy, crazy cousins, thank you for the calls that makes us laugh together. Sa inyo ko lang napapraktis ang jokes ko


My significant other, that despite the times I'm asking myself, "Ano nga ba ang nagustuhan ko sa korning lalaking ito", would always be there for me no matter what, or not matter how hard I push him away from me. Because of him, I started to believe "Only God knows why". Thank you for the nights that I end up scratching my head, for installing (install talaga, its has been in my system) those pick up lines before I slept (that haunts me on my dreams) and for letting me what I want to be. 


To my great friends, Tina and Lheny, that despite the lack of communication and long distance between us, never failed to greet me on my special days. Tina, pressured ako sa tanong mo. :D


To Pangs, Babs and Tol, my boyfriends, hindi man lang kayo umangal when I give you these nicknames, thank you for checking on me every single time.


To Amae and Coeli, mga teh, you are the ones that keep me sane when I need to, and insane when I need it the most. Until you two have your boyfriends (after passing your strict requirements), nothing will change. :)


To Lissa, Cams and Ryan, thank you for missing me that much and for keeping me updated with your respective lives. Thank you for trusting me.:) Lissa, thank you for allowing me releasing my masculine emotions when we talk. Hindi pa ding nagbabago ang gusto kong gawin sa iyo, ang iuntog ka sa pader.  Cams, thank you for trusting me with all your heart and I love being your diary. And Ryan,salamat sa laging pagpapaalala ng utang kong spaghetti sa iyo


To my Lola, I love you and thank you for keeping me safe always. :) To God, thank you for this life. Thank you for the story that you have written for me. I just hope its not that Twilight plot. :p


To friends that I haven't seen in ages, or inindian ko lang, or nakasalubong ko pero maang-maangan ako, thank you for being a part of my life, naalala ko kayo, each one of you, takot lang ako magkamali. To relationships that have flourished and never had the chance to be as long as my present, thank you for making me realize that I am not the conventional/ traditional type of person.


This new era will be the start of something new for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment