Feel the Noiz at Rock of Ages The Movie

I have to specify that this is the Rock of Ages The Movie, right from the very start. The Philippines has simultaneous showing of both the movie and the play (starring Migs Ayesa and Vina Morales) and as much as I would like to see it live, so I have reasons on stamping my feet as the music plays, I have to make some priorities. Anyways, this is not a thorough review, but merely thoughts on the movie.

To finish off my birthday week, I had a date with my college best buds last Thursday for a post birthday special and a movie night. We are thinking of having Kimmy Dora or Rock of Ages, but since we don't have the crowd for Rock of Ages (if we plan to see it on separate occasions, we decided to this movie).


I never ever thought Tom Cruise would give justice to Stacie Jaxx. I mean, I knew him from the Mission Impossible series, nothing more. But, he is really good at this movie. Nothing spectacular though, but his acting is convincing.

Julianne Hough, aside from being Ryan Seacrest's girlfriend, well, she also did a good job here. However, I am not a fan of her voice as I find it too high for rock songs.

The biggest shock for me are Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin. If I wasn't aware of Katy Perry - Russell Brand love affair, I would personally ask Katy why she had Russell for a husband. Likewise to Alec Baldwin's fiancee. These two guys are freaky and downright crazy.

On the women's side, Catherine Zeta-Jones is also freaky in a good way. She might has this poker face, but her acting was really great. Well, its not really the acting per se, but the antics. I would never thought she would be dancing like that. If it was not for the voice, I would never recognize Mary J. Blige on the movie. She really gained a lot and grew a lot of hair. But, the voice quality is still there.

I would never spoil the plot, but above all, the movie (and the stars) are beyond my dreams. With Mr. Cruise and Ms. Zeta-Jones dancing and belting out, with Ms. Hough's dancing skills, with dreaming effects, with mash-ups, Rock of Ages will definitely make your feet stamp or sing-along with the songs you know.

It would be a great experience if I will be able to see the play, but for now, I'll be singing "Hit me with your best shot". :)

Winning lines:

"I am busy... Busy falling in love..." - Dennis

Conversation between Sherrie and Drew:
Sherrie: I am a dancer in a strip club.
Drew:I am member of a boyband.
Sherrie: Okay, you won.


ROCK OF AGES (2012)



List of Characters:

Tom Cruise - Stacee Jaxx (ROCK LEGEND)
Diego Boneta - Drew Boley (BOURBON ROOM WAITER/ ROCK STAR/ BOYBAND MEMBER)
Julianne Hough - Sherrie Christian (BOURBON ROOM WAITRESS/ SEXY WAITER AND DANCER AT VENUS GENTLEMAN'S CLUB)
Alec Baldwin - Dennis Dupree (OWNER, THE BOURBON ROOM)
Russell Brand - Lonny (ASSISTANT, THE BOURBON ROOM)
Catherine Zeta Jones - Patricia Whitmore (MAYOR'S WIFE)
Bryan Cranston - Mike  Whitmore (LOS ANGELES MAYOR)
paul Giamatti - Paul Gill (MANAGER, ARSENAL, STACEE JAXX AND Z-GUYZZZZ)
Malin Akerman - Constance Sack (REPORTER, ROLLING STONE)
Mary J. Blige - Justice Charlier (OWNER, VENUS GENTLEMAN'S CLUB)



List of Songs performed:

Paradise City
Jukebox hero and I Love rock and roll (mash up)
Hit me with your best shot
Sister Christian and Just like a Paradise and Nothing but good (mash up)
Waiting for a girl like you
More than words and Heaven (mash up)
Wanted dead or alive
I want to know what love is
I wanna rock
Pour some sugar on me
Harden my heart
Here I go again
Can't fight this feeling
Any way you want it
Undercover love
Every rose has its thorn
Rock you like a hurricane
We built this city and We're not gonna stop (mash up)
Don't stop believin'

Enjoy Rock of Ages! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment